Adopt A Greenway
This program provides an exciting opportunity to create community ownership and pride in our Midtown Greenway. The Midtown Greenway Coalition believes in a safe, clean, green Greenway and knows that it will only happen through participation of groups like yours!
Adopt A Greenway
Who: Community groups, schools, businesses, churches, and other volunteering groups.
When: Participating groups are responsible for two cleanups per year over a two-year period. Cleanup times will be set by the adopting party and should be reported to the Midtown Greenway Coalition so we can assist you by providing supplies and arranging for trash removal.
Where: Adopters are responsible for a four-block section of the Greenway, chosen by the adopter.
How will you benefit from becoming an adopter?
- Your organization's contribution will be recognized in our quarterly newsletter, on our website, and on an attractive sign along your section of the Greenway.
- You'll also be providing a fun employee team building activity and building pride in helping the Greenway and our community.
What are the costs?
We are asking adopting organizations and businesses to contribute using the following guidelines:
K-12 schools/social/religions organizations/Non-profits: $200-399
Small businesses (fewer than 100 employees): $400-599
Medium-sized businesses (100-500 employees): $600-799
Large businesses (500+ employees): $800-2500+
For more information, or to adopt a section, email email@example.com.
The following is a list of our current Greenway adopters:
- Albert's Organics
- American Swedish Institute
- The Bakken Museum
- Birchwood Cafe
- Bryant Lake Bowl
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of MN
- Cedar-Isles-Dean Neighborhood Association (CIDNA)
- Collegeville Track Club
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- Dero Bike Rack Company
- East Isles Residents Association (EIRA)
- Elan Uptown Apartments
- Family and Friends of Michael Shilinski (Mike Smith)
- First Service Residential
- The General Colin L. Powell Leadership Academy
- HCMC Whittier Clinic
- Ian Kees Consulting, PLLC
- Joyce Preschool
- Lake Country School
- Minneapolize Design
- The Minnesota State Fair
- North Face
- Phillips Garden Inc.
- Public Allies Twin Cities
- Ryan Companies US
- Saturday Properties
- Seward Co-op
- Smiley's Clinic
- Smith Foundry Company
- Smyth Companies
- Spare Key
- SpringHouse Ministry Center
- Surly Brewing Company
- TImberland - Calhoun Square
- Trader Joe's
- West Calhoun Neighborhood Council
- Whittier Alliance
- Young Professionals of Minneapolis
- ZAP Twin Cities