Projects & Programs
The Midtown Greenway Coalition's programming is designed to fulfill our mission of making the Greenway a safe, beautiful, welcoming space for everyone.
Currently, we have six main program areas:
- Public Safety, which includes our Trail Watch bike patrol program and our Safety Task Task Force.
- Greening & Cleaning, featuring our GreenSpace gardening and greening committee, as well as our Adopt-A-Greenway program and Arbor Day activities
- Public Art, featuring our ArtSpace Committee, which focuses on bringing more temporary and permanent public art to the corridor.
- Transit Advocacy, which encompasses our advocacy efforts to bring a turf-track streetcar into the Greenway to better accomodate the transit needs of the surrounding community.
- Greenway Improvements, which includes our efforts to help guide development along the corridor, improve trail crossings, increase access (ramps and stairs), improve signage, and more.
- Community Outreach, which works with local families to encourage use of the corridor for biking, walking, relaxation, and transportation. We partner with local nonprofit agencies to engage Hispanic, Somali, and Native American families in activities that let them know the corridor is for everybody.